DaveC426913 said:
"stolen and badly processed" in my books counts as fake.
To me the images are stolen and badly processed.
DaveC426913 said:
The Skull Nebula is not fake. That image is. It's been heavily altered, by your own admission.
While I don't condone it the least I would not say heavily altered. They went for a blue/monochrome where the original was red/yellow. A valid choice if done better I would say.
DaveC426913 said:
After finally finding that image of the Bat Nebula with acquistion data, there's no longer any doubt it's real
It's misleading.
Yeah, and that you claimed it was obviously fake is not a good look on your debunking run. That science reporting can be corrupted is a problem with almost every mass media coverage I know anything about but is not an problem with the image.
DaveC426913 said:
No. I am just obliged to defend my initial assertion when dismissed it as fake. I was challenged, and am now putting my mnet where my mouth is.
Depending on how you define wrong you might just be wrong (or need to clarify your position). BTW I think your position is wrong and I think it is very shortsighted.
DaveC426913 said:
No. We're talking Photoshop here, not astrophotog techniques.
There are no astrophotos that have not been modified (Bayer conversion, gamma conversion, curves, etc.). Many of these techniques where done using the chemistry and exposure of film and the printing processes to prints and glass...
DaveC426913 said:
The only time I mentioned "official" was when I was asking for a picture from an official source. i.e. the organization that acquired the pic being the ones who published it, as opposed to some Google search that will turn up a million fakes.
And when I did you brushed them off by claiming google interference. That is always a good sign...
DaveC426913 said:
I did not mix these two things up.
I am comparing two images,- one I say is real astrophotog and one is heavily Photoshopped.
I have done astrophotography a lot, all astrophotos are heavily modified. What matters is if you did it naturally, with integrity, etc.
DaveC426913 said:
You are really reading in your own preconceptions into everything I say.
I can only base my conception on what you write and what I read. Without more context (which has helped a bit) I cannot do better. Sorry.