Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Degradation in Source Location Accuracy in the Presence of Sensor Location Error

1. Oct 20, 2009 #1
    Hi guys, i was given a project based on the above topic and i know very little on it. Can anyone help to explain whats the difference between MSE and therotical MSE. Taylor series estimation and the modified taylor series. Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 20, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. Can you provide some web pointers to more information on the topics? Where have you been researching tghe topics?

4. Oct 21, 2009 #3
    Thx. Basically i was given some articles to read on and was having a hard time understanding the basic concepts on source localizaion. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?tp=&arnumber=1661121&isnumber=34760" is 1 example of an article on the topic. Im in serious need of help for some basic understanding. Really would appreciate someone who can explain in layman terms.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook