1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Degree requirement courses full already!

1. Jul 6, 2010 #1
    Ok, so I'm an engineering student, and I'm going into my second year.
    I did not too badly in the first year, walking away with a gpa = 2.9
    however, I did fail two courses. These courses are pass/fail and credit only, with only 1 lecture a week -- they do not count towards gpa.
    registration @ my school began yesterday at 06:00 -- and these courses are full.
    What if these courses fill up like this every year?

So, my question is this: do you think I can talk them into oversubscribing the class?
    If so, does anyone have any good arguements?

Or, should I just wait till next year and register the instant I can?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 6, 2010 #2
    Talk with your adviser. They can do more for you then someone over the internet who doesn't have a clue what your schools policies are.

4. Jul 6, 2010 #3
    Converse with the professor(s) that impart the class. Some professors do not mind having 2-3 extra students.

5. Jul 6, 2010 #4
    Do you guys have a waitlist system? I find that class fill up fast early on but many people end up dropping before the class even starts. My calc class has like a huge wait list. I was like number 13 and still got in. (they expanded the class a bit as well)

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook