Derived constant acceleration equations

In summary, the conversation is about trying to understand the math behind derived equations and finding resources to help with the mechanics of deriving equations. The speaker suggests starting with the basic equation of acceleration and recommends looking at Wikipedia for further information.
colin_delecia
I'm trying to understand the math that leads to the derived equations cause I can't seem to derived them my self. All the videos / tutorials online just show the equation it derived from and then the derived equation it self, I was more interested in the mechanics cause I was told I would have to be able to derive equations in the future on my own. Any resources that you guys know of ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are derived constant acceleration equations?

Derived constant acceleration equations are mathematical formulas that describe the motion of an object under a constant acceleration. They are derived from the equations of motion and are used to calculate the position, velocity, and acceleration of an object at any given time.

2. What is the difference between derived constant acceleration equations and the equations of motion?

The equations of motion describe the motion of an object with constant velocity, while derived constant acceleration equations take into account the acceleration of the object. This means that derived constant acceleration equations are more accurate for objects that are accelerating, such as a falling object under the influence of gravity.

3. How many derived constant acceleration equations are there?

There are three main derived constant acceleration equations: the position equation, the velocity equation, and the acceleration equation. These equations can be used to calculate the position, velocity, and acceleration of an object at any given time, as long as the acceleration remains constant.

4. What are some real-world applications of derived constant acceleration equations?

Derived constant acceleration equations are commonly used in physics and engineering to describe the motion of objects under a constant acceleration. They are applied in various fields such as projectile motion, free fall, and motion of objects on an inclined plane. These equations are also used in designing roller coasters, spacecraft trajectories, and other types of motion.

5. How do I use derived constant acceleration equations in problem-solving?

To use derived constant acceleration equations in problem-solving, you need to identify the known values such as initial velocity, final velocity, acceleration, and time. Then, you can plug these values into the appropriate equation to calculate the unknown quantity. It is important to pay attention to the signs of the values (positive or negative) and use the correct equation for the given scenario.