1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Design a series RLC filter for 10kHz

Tags:
  1. Mar 28, 2017 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Design a series RLC filter for 10kHz using an 0.01mF capacitor.

2. Relevant equations / 3. The attempt at a solution
    how would the circuit actually look if drawn out here?
    upload_2017-3-28_3-13-54.png

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2017 #2

cnh1995

Homework Helper

There are two different questions in this post. Please make two separate threads.

4. Mar 28, 2017 #3
    Well, it's two parts of the same question I was just curious with the information I have how a circuit diagram would actually look.
    e.g. is there a specific way the resistor, capacitor, and inductor must be oriented? Like, if it's RLC must they be designed Resistor first, then Inductor, then Capacitor?

5. Mar 28, 2017 #4

gneill

Staff: Mentor

The thread title doesn't match the problem statement. Presumably the question is about designing an LRC filter and not about a power transformer?

6. Mar 28, 2017 #5
    Oh sorry! I must have written the title regarding the next problem. Yes, it is about designing an LRC filter!

7. Mar 28, 2017 #6

gneill

I'll change the thread title.

8. Mar 28, 2017 #7

gneill

Is your capacitor specified in microfarads (μF) or millifarads (mF)? It can't be made out in the image of your work. It would be better if you could type out your work. It makes it easier for helpers to interpret, quote, and comment on.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted