1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Design lift without electricity

1. Feb 20, 2014 #1
    This is my project..you have any idea how can generate power to lift elevator.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2014 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Sure. Dogs, horses, people, or elephants, etc. walking on a treadmill or turning a windlass. Waterwheels. The possibilities are quite numerous.

4. Feb 20, 2014 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

As you say, it is your schoolwork project. So you must show some effort on your part before we can be of tutorial help. What are your thoughts? What is the exact statement of the project?

5. Feb 21, 2014 #4

Baluncore

Science Advisor

The original lifts in the Eiffel Tower were operated by a multiple pulley system. The counter balance weights were solid blocks of concrete in chambers underground. When the chambers were filled with water the buoyancy resulted in a small movement of the concrete blocks and the lift moving a long way up the tower.
    http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/en/everything-about-the-tower/themed-files/98.html

6. Feb 22, 2014 #5
    hello mentor ...You r right..i have some ideas related to this but it operates upto 1st floor. I want some ideas from aall of you...

7. Feb 22, 2014 #6

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

We do not do your homework for you here on the PF. Thread is closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook