Designing an antenna for 1-50 MHz electromagnetic emission

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter zodian
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Antenna
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
zodian
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Hey,

So I want to make an antenna which emits powerful waves in the frequency range of 1-50 MHz.

Yet I don't know exactly how powerful those waves should be, but a normal solenoid is not enough... :P It should be really powerful... :D

Any help is welcome :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well... I might be wrong but I thougt that it was actually possible to emit EM waves with a solenoid; isn't that the case?

oh and yeah... I need it actually to do an experiment about nuclear magnetic resonance
 
zodian said:
Well... I might be wrong but I thougt that it was actually possible to emit EM waves with a solenoid; isn't that the case?

oh and yeah... I need it actually to do an experiment about nuclear magnetic resonance

So you want to make an MRI machine then? Or something similar?
 
well if you put it like that, yes... but I mean everything I want to do is observing the NMR phenomenon and all I need for the moment is such an antenna... so could anyone help me?