Diagnosing intermittent "can't find IP" errors

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Errors
In summary, this person is experiencing intermittent errors with Chrome on their Windows 10 laptop, which seem to be DNS-related. They've tried various troubleshooting tips and they think that the issue might be related to cached information.
Most of the time "site cannot be reached" or "unable to connect this site" come because of dns_probe_finished_nxdomain which means because of DNS. There can be many other reason as well
like you can try following steps
  1. Reboot your modem and Computer
  2. Reset chrome flags by resetting to default if your are using chrome
  3. Check your Host file, if the website you are opening is listed under host file you won't be able to connect
  4. flush your DNS
  5. Reset browser
You can read this article for brief troubleshooting steps on how to Fix dns_probe_finished_nxdomain

Likes Tom.G and jedishrfu
<h2>1. What are the possible causes of intermittent "can't find IP" errors?</h2><p>There are several potential causes for this error, including network connectivity issues, faulty hardware or software, incorrect network settings, and conflicts with other devices or programs.</p><h2>2. How can I troubleshoot intermittent "can't find IP" errors?</h2><p>To troubleshoot this issue, you can try resetting your network settings, checking for updates on your hardware and software, running a network diagnostic tool, and checking for any conflicts with other devices or programs. You may also need to contact your internet service provider for further assistance.</p><h2>3. Can a faulty router or modem cause intermittent "can't find IP" errors?</h2><p>Yes, a faulty router or modem can be a possible cause for this error. If you suspect this is the case, try resetting your router or modem and see if the error persists.</p><h2>4. Is there a way to prevent intermittent "can't find IP" errors from occurring?</h2><p>While there is no foolproof way to prevent these errors from occurring, you can minimize the chances by keeping your hardware and software up to date, avoiding conflicts with other devices or programs, and regularly checking your network settings.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I continue to experience intermittent "can't find IP" errors?</h2><p>If the error persists despite troubleshooting, it may be best to contact your internet service provider for further assistance. They may be able to identify any network issues or provide a solution to resolve the error.</p>

1. What are the possible causes of intermittent "can't find IP" errors?

There are several potential causes for this error, including network connectivity issues, faulty hardware or software, incorrect network settings, and conflicts with other devices or programs.

2. How can I troubleshoot intermittent "can't find IP" errors?

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try resetting your network settings, checking for updates on your hardware and software, running a network diagnostic tool, and checking for any conflicts with other devices or programs. You may also need to contact your internet service provider for further assistance.

3. Can a faulty router or modem cause intermittent "can't find IP" errors?

Yes, a faulty router or modem can be a possible cause for this error. If you suspect this is the case, try resetting your router or modem and see if the error persists.

4. Is there a way to prevent intermittent "can't find IP" errors from occurring?

While there is no foolproof way to prevent these errors from occurring, you can minimize the chances by keeping your hardware and software up to date, avoiding conflicts with other devices or programs, and regularly checking your network settings.

5. What should I do if I continue to experience intermittent "can't find IP" errors?

If the error persists despite troubleshooting, it may be best to contact your internet service provider for further assistance. They may be able to identify any network issues or provide a solution to resolve the error.