Diagram That Contains All The Different Kind Of Physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
RickWinther
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
I am looking for some kind of a diagram, general or analytic, that shows all the different kind of Physics "Departments"-"Studies" or what you would call them, like Quantum Physics, Physics of Sound Waves, or something like that.

I know it is a very general question but anything you know of would be of great help. Thanks in advance.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TomServo
Physics news on Phys.org
The http://www.aip.org/publishing/pacs/pacs-2010-regular-edition codes (Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme) categorize all of the sub-disciplines of physics down to a very detailed level.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier and TomServo
Thanks, physzguy and martinh, both of your sites are going to be very helpful and they were exactly what I was looking for!
Have a nice day!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: TomServo