Did I experience time dilation or something?

1. So, I am learning about atomic clocks.

I went to this website: http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/simpletime.html

And I started watching the atomic clock on that website tick away. It was ok and cool. At the moment, the website is frozen with "Loading..." for each time zone.

When I started playing with the website, I decided to grab my cellphone. I was thinking it probably gets its time from some cellphone tower. I don't know. Anyway, I grabbed it, sat on my bed, looked at the website time, and then I started looking at the cellphone's time. The cellphone has some text that scrolls on the bottom of it telling me how many service days I have left. However, as the text began scrolling, it froze. It froze. I mean, it's like it got stuck in time. And I was sitting on my bed, conscious, thinking that's really weird, and then I looked up at the website clock and back at my phone, and it's like time passed really quick and the marquee on my phone scrolled faster than usual. I felt like time jumped ahead. It made me think of jet lag or something, and I could not explain the phenomenon.

Did I experience some kind of time effect?

2. jcsd
  3. Was your bed moving at relativistic speeds?

4. SteamKing

SteamKing 9,579
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Time doesn't stop just because your phone did.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted