Did rotating polarizer show violations of Bell's Inequality?

In summary, the Bell inequality relies on three conditions and joint probabilities, with two specific values that violate the inequality. However, the assumption of a common frame of reference and the use of Noether's Theorem are not applicable in this context. Also, entangled photons do not have a well-defined polarization and are in a "superposition" of polarizations, while mixed light sources do not produce identifiable entangled photon pairs. This leads to different outcomes in measurements and questions the validity of the Bell inequality.
Ian J Miller said:
Physical states may be represented mathematically as rays in Hilbert space, but the photons, in my opinion, remain in standard three-dimensional space, or if you wish, 4-dimensional spacetime.
Sorry, but you don't get to just use your opinion.

At this point you are verging on personal theory and therefore on receiving a warning. You don't get to just make up your own physics.

Ian J Miller said:
In the Aspect experiment, both photons have the same polarization as seen by detectors that are oriented in the same direction.
See the bolded qualifier, which is crucial.

With the qualifier, the statement is true, but this polarization is not restricted to one plane. The two detectors will always show the same polarization no matter which direction they are oriented, as long as the two detectors are both oriented in the same direction. The entangled photon state that produces these results is not at all the same as a two-photon state that is produced by restricting the polarization to one plane at the source. The latter state is not and cannot be an entangled state.

Ian J Miller said:
As for a sequence of entangled photons in one polarization plane, I cannot produce them, but I would be very surprised if they are never produced.
Then you should indeed be very surprised, because the argument I have already given for why they cannot be produced makes use of the same QM model of photons that, as I have said, already has a huge amount of experimental support. That's why nobody has produced such a state: because it's impossible, and everyone in the field knows it.

Physics news on Phys.org
After a Mentor discussion, this thread is now closed. @Ian J Miller -- please check your PMs in a few minutes...

Likes vanhees71, weirdoguy and PeroK