Dielectric antennae

Baluncore
Science Advisor
What is the scale ?
What is the wavelength ?
What do the colours represent ?
Are you considering photon emission from a molecule ?

b.jpg
a.jpg
nice.jpg
What is the scale ?
What is the wavelength ?
What do the colours represent ?
Are you considering photon emission from a molecule ?

about 2 cm
microwave region
I simply arbitrarily pick a picture from google therefore it has colour
Here is a black and white picture attached.

Is there a loop antenna of such shape? Is there any benefit of such shape?

I have ever seen antnna of square shape as attached. But I do not know what will the effect if
I change the square into a circle?

Last edited:
DrClaude
Mentor
Are you saying that you think that complex biomolecules are acting as antennas?

Baluncore
Science Advisor
Is there a loop antenna of such shape? Is there any benefit of such shape?
I have ever seen antnna of square shape as attached. But I do not know what will the effect if I change the square into a circle?
The top two pictures are typical square loop antenna arrays. You can make them out of circles if you want, but they will have slightly different radiation characteristics.

I have no idea what the bottom scrolls are or why you might consider using them as antennas. Are they made out of metal or jello? Anything will radiate if you can find a way to drive it. You seem to have no experience with antennas, nor any idea as to how or why they might work. I get the feeling that you are deliberately wasting our time.

When you post pictures on PF you should give a reference or the web link to the original. That way we can work out what their relevance might be. Without a web link to the original they are not only usless but may be plagiarism and lead to a breach of copyright.

The top two pictures are typical square loop antenna arrays. You can make them out of circles if you want, but they will have slightly different radiation characteristics.

I have no idea what the bottom scrolls are or why you might consider using them as antennas. Are they made out of metal or jello? Anything will radiate if you can find a way to drive it. You seem to have no experience with antennas, nor any idea as to how or why they might work. I get the feeling that you are deliberately wasting our time.

When you post pictures on PF you should give a reference or the web link to the original. That way we can work out what their relevance might be. Without a web link to the original they are not only usless but may be plagiarism and lead to a breach of copyright.

I had experience using the square loop antenna for my home DVBT. Each side of the square is 12.6cm.
I remember the gue told me that antenna said the turn of each side will cause some phase change.
Will those square loop antenna will function better than simple loop antenna?

Sure, anything can be used made into an antenna, the problem is whether will it radiate good (radiation pattern ).

I had experience with many antenna, but not too much.
I never waste any time of an antenna expert, but if I meet a potitician I have to talk about politics.