Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Different types of movement force

  1. Oct 19, 2011 #1
    Hi, im a tennis coach and not very sciency, so if theres a simple answer to this question rather than a crazy physics answer it would be much appreciated.

    I hit the ball, some of the energy from my racket "pushes" thru the ball creating momentum, another part of the energy from my racket "brushes" around the ball creating spin.

    Are there 2 different names for these kinds of force and what are they?

    So for instace rather than saying " put more spin on the ball. " i could say "increase the ......... " or something like that

    Thanks for the help.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2011 #2


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

  4. Oct 19, 2011 #3
    perfect! thanks mate!
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook