1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Difficulty of other topics in physics

1. Nov 26, 2016 #1
    I noticed that rotational/gyroscopic motion in Classical Mechanics is by far more difficult than anything I've seen in E&M. I mean I remember way back in undergrad, I spent more time on it than almost the whole course of E&M combined. Perhaps it's due to the fact that there are an infinite variety of brain teasers that can be asked about rotation. Not so with other things I've seen.

But I still managed. And I'm getting more of a hang of it now.

I wasn't a physics major so I wonder how other parts of physics stack up to it. Is there anything really mind boggling in quantum or relativity(at least problem solving wise)? What about thermo or statisitical mechanics?

I just want to know if its an uphill battle from here.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 26, 2016 #2
    Yes.

However, you're not only learning about gyroscopic motion, but you're also discovering how to tackle difficult problems that have non-intuitive solutions. Because of that, you'll be more likely to succeed in quantum, relativity, and stat mech.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted