Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Difficutties in Cambridge A-level

1. Oct 16, 2006 #1
    I now having problems with subject physics and chemistry ! I'm from M'sia . I 'd need advice how do I spend my time on my studies so that I have efficient time for studies . Strategy studies advice too... I always get really low grades for these two subjects...Pls help me...

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2006 #2
    i dont know ,,,someone else will reply though who knows .
    wat i do know is that if u have any physics problems you can definately come in here and ask .One thing for physics ,is that you should have a course syllabus , look at that and see what you need to learn , you could show it to one of us , if your not sure wat all the topics are about and how much depth you need to go in to all of them , or anything else similar to that .Try and have a certain number of books and maybe a physics glossary from online.

4. Oct 18, 2006 #3
    Really need everyone in this thread help

Everyone in this thread , I need everyone's help . I'm struggling...

5. Oct 18, 2006 #4
    Perhaps you should be more specific in telling us what problems you have with the subjects. People find it easier to reply to specific questions than a broad one like yours.

6. Oct 19, 2006 #5
    Yep Be Specific..topics Ur Studying ..etc Whcih U Find Difficult ..wat U Dont Understand ?

7. Oct 25, 2006 #6
    Stress and Strain

Q: A copper wire of diameter d is stretched by a load hanging vertically from its lower end . The strain of the wire is 8.0x10^-4 . What's the strain in another copper wire of the same length but of diamteter 2d ?
    A: 2x10^-4

Q: A light rod of length L hangs from the lower ends of two vertical wires M and N which are of the same natural length and diameter but ve differrent Young's moduli E1 and E2 respectively . A load is placed on the rod at a distance x from the wire M, so that the rod remains horizontal . What's the value of x in terms of L, E1 and E2 ?
    A: (E2L)/ (E1+E2 )

Q - questions
    A - answer

I would be glad anyone solve this as soon as possible . It would be great explain diagram , equations , steps by steps . Tnx . There ll be more questions.

8. Oct 26, 2006 #7
    I want the solution . :surprised

9. Oct 30, 2006 #8
    put this question in homework help section

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook