1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Difficutties in Cambridge A-level

1. Oct 16, 2006 #1
    I now having problems with subject physics and chemistry ! I'm from M'sia . I 'd need advice how do I spend my time on my studies so that I have efficient time for studies . Strategy studies advice too... I always get really low grades for these two subjects...Pls help me...

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2006 #2
    i dont know ,,,someone else will reply though who knows .
    wat i do know is that if u have any physics problems you can definately come in here and ask .One thing for physics ,is that you should have a course syllabus , look at that and see what you need to learn , you could show it to one of us , if your not sure wat all the topics are about and how much depth you need to go in to all of them , or anything else similar to that .Try and have a certain number of books and maybe a physics glossary from online.

4. Oct 18, 2006 #3
    Really need everyone in this thread help

Everyone in this thread , I need everyone's help . I'm struggling...

5. Oct 18, 2006 #4
    Perhaps you should be more specific in telling us what problems you have with the subjects. People find it easier to reply to specific questions than a broad one like yours.

6. Oct 19, 2006 #5
    Yep Be Specific..topics Ur Studying ..etc Whcih U Find Difficult ..wat U Dont Understand ?

7. Oct 25, 2006 #6
    Stress and Strain

Q: A copper wire of diameter d is stretched by a load hanging vertically from its lower end . The strain of the wire is 8.0x10^-4 . What's the strain in another copper wire of the same length but of diamteter 2d ?
    A: 2x10^-4

Q: A light rod of length L hangs from the lower ends of two vertical wires M and N which are of the same natural length and diameter but ve differrent Young's moduli E1 and E2 respectively . A load is placed on the rod at a distance x from the wire M, so that the rod remains horizontal . What's the value of x in terms of L, E1 and E2 ?
    A: (E2L)/ (E1+E2 )

Q - questions
    A - answer

I would be glad anyone solve this as soon as possible . It would be great explain diagram , equations , steps by steps . Tnx . There ll be more questions.

8. Oct 26, 2006 #7
    I want the solution . :surprised

9. Oct 30, 2006 #8
    put this question in homework help section

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?