1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Diffusion lab semipermeable membrane help

1. Oct 30, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    diffusion thru a semipermeable membrane.

2. Relevant equations
    section 1 of the lab

LAB - dialysis tubing containing distilled water and the beaker containing glucose and starch .. put it in water.
    Leave it over night and jot the changes, it goes through osmosis but i odnt know what actually happens to the dialysis and such because i wasn't there.
    ----------------------------------
    section 2 of the lab

TT1: contains water and benedict
    TT2: contains water and starch
    TT3: contains starch and benedict
    TT4: contains starch and iodine

you put these on a hot plate and observe.. the colors will then change which i dont know what it changes to and i need to make a chart.

3. The attempt at a solution
    no solution, I have been absent on the day of the lab and i have to make up for it, i have been looking all over the searches and i cant find the lab answers.

any info will be alot of help. or reference sites, thank you

EDIT:
    http://rvgs.k12.va.us/faculty/cbohland/gsb/labs/diffusionandosmosis.htm
    found a similar lab to mine, but i still need help :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 26, 2016 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Half the point of the lab is to learn how to perform basic experiments and document their outcomes. If you missed the lab then you need to get with your instructor and see if you can perform a make-up lab. If you cannot, then you will most likely have to accept a zero or get help from another classmate who was there. In any case, there is very little we can do other than giving you the answers to this lab. Which would be cheating and is highly frowned upon here at PF.

Thread locked.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?