Dimensionless Radius: What is the Range?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kmgraju
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
kmgraju
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Dear all

Please find the attached picture. I have a question on Dimensionless radius.
I believe that it is a ratio of radius and maximum radius . The range should be 0-1 . But in the attachment I found that in the x-axis the range is 0- 3 . Can you please explain how?

Thank you
 
Attachments
  • dimensionless.png
    dimensionless.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 455
Physics news on Phys.org
It is the radius divided by some reference value. That can be the maximal radius, but it does not have to be. Apparently, in this graph it is not the maximal radius, it looks more like a typical radius.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person