1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Diodes in Tv / Microwave / Mobile ?

1. Aug 2, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Is there a diode in Tv / Microwave / Mobile ? if it is then for what purpose the diode is there ?

2. Relevant equations

I got an assignment to find the list of those projects in which diodes are used also mention the purpose of diodes in these projects , i've found 8 projects where diodes are used.I want to know about more projects ? can anyone guide me ?

3. The attempt at a solution
    i found that diodes are used in Radio, Logic Gates, Guitar Pedal ,Electronic Keyoboard and Power Supply...this is my effort but i want to know about more projects

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 2, 2010 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Diodes are used in just about everything. Do you know what a diode is, and how it works? Can you tell us? Why is it used -- what is its purpose and function?

4. Aug 3, 2010 #3
    it is used to direct the flow of current but it is used for different purpose in different things for example it is used in Power supply to convert signals from DC to AC and also used as a switch in logic gates...i want to know what is the purpose of diode in things i mention above...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook