Microwave Diodes - Looking for manufacturer.

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for good manufacturers of high-frequency microwave diodes, specifically Schottky diodes. The conversation mentions Agilent and Avago as potential manufacturers, with Avago currently owning Agilent's semiconductor division. The conversation also mentions GaAs Schottky diodes with a cutoff frequency of 800 GHz and their potential applications in millimeter wavelengths. Another manufacturer mentioned is Virginia Diodes, who offers diodes up to a couple of THz.
cmos
Does anybody know any good manufacturers of microwave diodes?

Specifically, I'm looking for rectification that can be operated at essentially as high of a frequency as I can get. This led me to look for Schottky diodes (anybody have a better suggestion?).

So far, all the microwave Schottky diodes I have found use silicon and have a 40 GHz cutoff. However, Sze has a plot (Fig. 37, Ch. 3, 3rd Ed.) that shows GaAs Schottky diodes with cutoff frequencies upwards for 800 GHz! Hell, anybody know where I can get these bad boys? :confused:

Engineering news on Phys.org
Beam lead diodes are popular in millimeter wavelengths, work up to 300 GHz.

One of the manufacturers was Agilent, but they recently sold off their semiconductor division to Avago

http://www.avagotech.com/pages/home/

some of these diode are like $50 bucks a piece and require special bonding and a microscope to attach them to a substrate, or a waveguide.

Another place for millimeter waves:

http://www.virginiadiodes.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=3

they have cool gizmos up to a couple THz.

Cool stuf; thanks, waht!

1. What are microwave diodes used for?

Microwave diodes are electronic devices used for converting high-frequency alternating current (AC) signals into direct current (DC) signals, or vice versa. They are commonly used in microwave communication systems, radar systems, and other high-frequency applications.

2. How do microwave diodes work?

Microwave diodes are made of semiconductor materials such as silicon or germanium. When a current is applied to the diode, it allows current to flow in only one direction, creating a unidirectional flow of electricity. This property of the diode is known as rectification and is used to convert AC signals into DC signals.

3. What are the different types of microwave diodes?

There are several types of microwave diodes, including tunnel diodes, varactor diodes, Schottky diodes, and PIN diodes. Each type has its own unique properties and applications, such as high-speed switching, frequency modulation, and power control.

4. Who are the leading manufacturers of microwave diodes?

Some of the top manufacturers of microwave diodes include companies such as Microsemi, Infineon Technologies, MACOM Technology Solutions, and Skyworks Solutions. It is important to research and compare different manufacturers to find the best quality and price for your specific needs.

5. How do I choose the right microwave diode manufacturer?

When looking for a microwave diode manufacturer, consider factors such as the types of diodes they specialize in, their reputation in the industry, and their pricing and delivery options. It is also important to research their certifications and quality control processes to ensure that you are getting a reliable and high-quality product.