Finding wavelength of a 30 kHz dog whistle

  • Thread starter Thread starter Khemkhajon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Length Wave
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Khemkhajon
Messages
12
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Dogs are able to hear mucher hgher frequencies than humans are capable f detecting. For this reason, dog whistles that are inaudible to the human ear, can be easily heard by a dog. If a dog whistle has a frequency of 30,0000 Hz, what is the wavelength of sound emitted.

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


Well I was trying to find the wavelength using the equation speed=Hz(Wavelength) but I don't have the speed. So I am really lost. If
anyone could guide me in some helpful equations I might need, because I have a quiz on this tomorrow
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Are you sure the book/exercise you got the question doesn't give you the speed?
 
Defennder said:
Are you sure the book/exercise you got the question doesn't give you the speed?

Yea positive. Checked it twice that's why I was confused.

Maybe I have to know the speed of sound through Air?
 
Last edited: