Do Canadians wear short sleeves shirts at 12 degree Celsius?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
37 replies · 37K views
siddharth said:
Additionally as a note of interest, -40F is the same as -40C
Yep. Although not much use as a helper - even here in Canada.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm in California and I've been out in the snow in shorts and a t-shirt, for about half an hour. Then I went in and put on a sweater. I've also been yelled at by my boss when I came to work when it was below 0F wearing the short sleeved uniform.
 
Ba said:
I'm in California and I've been out in the snow in shorts and a t-shirt, for about half an hour. Then I went in and put on a sweater. I've also been yelled at by my boss when I came to work when it was below 0F wearing the short sleeved uniform.

Yeah, half an hour is nothing. You're body has barely even noticed the change in temperature yet.

I spent like 8 hours playing in the snowing making a snow fort to sleep in while only wearing sweater and pants.

Note: Yes, I did sleep in my snowfort... :-p ...at the age of 20. :biggrin:
 
Hah, 10 degrees C is time for a coat, scarf, gloves and thick jumper for me

Then again, I live in South England, so meh.
 
I'm Canadian and I wear T-shirts all year except in exceptionally cold weather (such as a snowstorm or whatever). I also wear pants all year, except for really hot days (like Florida, in the middle of january: wow).
 
Moonbear said:
I wouldn't be wearing a t-shirt in 10 C weather
I should hope not! Someone could lose an eye!

Is it time to revive the electric bra discussion?
 
Danger said:
Is it time to revive the electric bra discussion?
Considering the 6 or so inches of snow we're supposed to get tonight has already started falling, I think so! Brrrrrrrrrrr!
 
I wear short sleeve shirts, but I also like to wear a coat or jacket. But I am not Canadian, I live Texas and anything below 60F is unacceptable. I didn't move all the way down from Baton Rouge for this. It was like 50F today and some wind.