Do not try this at home kids......

In summary, the conversation was about a video that was found and shared, but the link was not working for one of the participants. They suggested trying a different browser and also mentioned a similar effect on YouTube that they have tried at work.
Windadct
Found this interesting video - thought there would be interest here...

VIDEO LINK

Likes Drakkith and cpscdave
Physics news on Phys.org
Thats pretty cool.
I totally want to try that at home now :)

The link won't load for my browser, it is asking that I download something. Nope.

Fervent Freyja said:
The link won't load for my browser, it is asking that I download something. Nope.
Sorry about that - perhaps try a different browser, the format is gifv ( video gif), so the browser needs to support that format. Also - on the page it does have a download link, it was to download the content, not a program. - The site is imgur - a prety relable image / gif sharing site. Still I can understand your concern / diligence.

Oh - found this youtube link to a different but similar effect...

Likes Fervent Freyja
we've done a bit of this where I work. A local artist collaborated and created quite a few nice works.

1. What does "Do not try this at home" mean?

"Do not try this at home" is a warning typically used in science experiments and demonstrations to caution individuals against attempting the experiment on their own. It is often used when the experiment involves potentially dangerous materials or procedures that should only be performed by trained professionals.

2. Why is it important to not try experiments at home?

It is important to not try experiments at home because many experiments involve potentially hazardous materials or procedures that require specialized training and equipment. Attempting these experiments without proper knowledge and supervision can result in serious injury or harm.

3. Can I try the experiment if I have adult supervision?

While having adult supervision can reduce the risk of harm, it is still not recommended to try experiments at home. Many experiments require specific safety protocols and equipment that may not be available in a home setting, even with adult supervision.

4. Are there any experiments that are safe to try at home?

Yes, there are many safe and simple science experiments that can be safely performed at home with proper supervision. These experiments usually involve common household items and do not require specialized equipment or materials. It is important to always follow safety protocols and guidelines when conducting any experiment.

5. What should I do if I want to try an experiment at home?

If you are interested in trying an experiment at home, it is best to consult with a trained professional or reputable source for guidance. They can provide you with the necessary safety protocols, equipment, and materials to ensure a safe and successful experiment. It is also important to always follow safety guidelines and never attempt experiments that involve hazardous materials or procedures.