Ready to try acoustic levitation at home? What equipment do I need?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter ElectricPaint
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Acoustic Levitation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
ElectricPaint
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone,
I would like to start playing around with acoustic levitation.
Apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum... I psoted in General, as I am not sure where the best place would be for this.

My question:
What equipment would be needed to start a simple acoustic levitation?
I have no idea what "transducers" to acquire.
And would I then need a waveform generator?
Anything else?
An amplifier?

I attach an image for reference... that's basically what I'm trying to do.
Nothing laboratory grade... more "home tinknering".

All advice is greatly appreciated!
gclOxAv.gif
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hadn't seen this!
Thank you!

Will check up on it and post back here.