Do people actually wear their high school class rings after graduation?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
14 replies · 3K views
Messages
20,002
Reaction score
11,121
How many people bought class rings from high school? I always thought it was a waste of money personally, just like letter jackets. Who actually wears them out of high school?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I got one. Nice gold one. But its to small now :(
But it will be the only memory from umm, whatever high school i went to... Somewhere around here...
 
i thought they were a waste of money as well...i did just get my engagement ring however...:smile:
 
Originally posted by Kerrie
...i did just get my engagement ring however...:smile:
How nice! Congrats Kerrie
 
I also thought that class rings were a waste of money. I mean, what can they do besides look pretty? Letter jackets, on the other hand, keep you warm. I got my jacket in seventh grade, two years before going to high school.
 
Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
Yahoo! Made the date for the big day yet?

we were going to do it april 1st, but it looks like july 17th 2004 in las vegas...
 
a class ring is a token as a high school student you can buy that has your "birthstone", your initials, and your school mascot...maybe even more, but it is typically quite gaudy and expensive...
 
I have a sleek, silver college ring which I never wear. It's a nice memento heh
 
Originally posted by Kerrie
but it looks like july 17th 2004 in las vegas...

Is Elvis going to perform the ceremony?

"Do you, Kerrie, take this hunka' burnin' love to be your lawful wedded husband?..."
 
Originally posted by Tom
Is Elvis going to perform the ceremony?

"Do you, Kerrie, take this hunka' burnin' love to be your lawful wedded husband?..."



no, just going to do something simple...
 
Originally posted by Kerrie
no, just going to do something simple...
Simple meaning Elvis as best man?

Congrats, Kerrie!