Do you tolerate smartphones at the dinner table?

In summary, the parents at the restaurant were letting their kids do whatever they wanted on their smart phones, which was quite pathetic and why society has become so reliant on technology.
Pythagorean said:
My wife makes me use a sippy cup :(

One of these bad boys?

000171496?$fash_product$.jpg

Computer science news on Phys.org
genericusrnme said:
One of these bad boys?

000171496?$fash_product$.jpg

I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those! I have the Boon model:

boonfluid.jpg

Pythagorean said:
I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those! I have the Boon model:

boonfluid.jpg

The coolest cup in the cupboard. One look at the streamlined, two-handed design and you'll want to get your hands on Fluid. (Or wear it like a bracelet.) It's got a unique grip that little kids love. It's also spill-resistant, so everything in a 20-foot radius has a better chance of staying clean and dry.

Oh man, I'm sold!
I'll be at my local Boon Inc dealership first thing tomorrow morning :biggrin:

Pythagorean said:
boonfluid.jpg

That looks a lot like the thing that my mother had to sit on after her haemorrhoid operation.

Hobin said:
*winces at the thought of spilling a drink over his shiny laptop*
We have a new ASUS laptop. Unfortunately, my wife is a klutz, and loves to mix apple cider and fruit juices. I keep moving her glass farther and farther from the laptop to prevent expensive repair bills.

turbo said:
We have a new ASUS laptop. Unfortunately, my wife is a klutz, and loves to mix apple cider and fruit juices. I keep moving her glass farther and farther from the laptop to prevent expensive repair bills.

I feel for you, Bro. I had to shell out the $1,200 for this MacBook because the ex (accidentally, drunkenly) dumped a beer into my Blueberry. Unfortunately, I could not (and still can't) afford to replace the Illustrator CS and Photoshop CS that are in it with Intel Mac compatible versions. Here I am stuck with Inkscape and Gimpshop. (They're good, but not what I was used to.)

genericusrnme said:
The coolest cup in the cupboard. One look at the streamlined, two-handed design and you'll want to get your hands on Fluid. (Or wear it like a bracelet.) It's got a unique grip that little kids love. It's also spill-resistant, so everything in a 20-foot radius has a better chance of staying clean and dry.

We're talking about little kids, here. I believe their claim that everything in a 20-foot radius will stay dry, but I don't believe everything will stay clean.

Best bet is to buy a cup that will spew water over a 20-foot radius, rinsing away all of the jelly fingerprints (even better is if it cleans the greasy fingerprints left from after I worked on my Jeep).

BobG said:
Or does that mean we just haven't gone far enough? We need cars that drive themselves so we can focus on the more important things in life, such as texting our friends.

I would actually love to see self-driving cars. If done properly, I think it would be a lot safer, as [STRIKE]morons[/STRIKE] people who may or may not be distracted would no longer have control of a motor vehicle.

I'd also like to be able to work during commutes rather than the pedestrian task of driving.

jhae2.718 said:
I would actually love to see self-driving cars. If done properly, I think it would be a lot safer, as [STRIKE]morons[/STRIKE] people who may or may not be distracted would no longer have control of a motor vehicle.

I'd also like to be able to work during commutes rather than the pedestrian task of driving.

It just opens the door for other types of disasters when the "manual override" feature fails after the "autopilot" on the car goes bonkers. Maybe we'd have to equip them with an ejection system or something.

jhae2.718 said:
the pedestrian task of driving.

I thought that the pedestrian task was walking... :confused: