Does a humam body movement generate a vacumm trail? and more

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Gabriel Ulisses
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Body Movement
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Gabriel Ulisses
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I will start with an excuse, sorry english is not my main lengauge and i don't practice grammar that much, it is my first time in these forums so be kind, i hope i posted on the right forum thank you for the comprehension.
When you move your arm for example do you generate a trail of vacuum behind it? and does the air ocupating the vacuum space generate force?
I got as especific is i could get if you need anymore values for the calculations ask,i can give preety much anything.
How would you calculate:
What would be the nescessary velocity for a 60cm³ random body part of you (volume) to generate enough vacuum so the air ocupating it space would generate 78 megapascal of pressure on a circle of 3 meter radius?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

What I think you are referring to is aerodynamic drag. There is a higher pressure area in front of you and a lower pressure area behind. But 78 megapascal? Atmospheric pressure is only 0.1 megapascals, so no...
 
russ_watters said:
Welcome to PF!

What I think you are referring to is aerodynamic drag. There is a higher pressure area in front of you and a lower pressure area behind. But 78 megapascal? Atmospheric pressure is only 0.1 megapascals, so no...
I was expecting an absurd number, something actually inhumanly posible, and yes i think aerodynamic drag is watch I'm refeering to, it is the air ocupating the vacuum created by movement right?