1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Does a humam body movement generate a vacumm trail? and more

1. Oct 20, 2016 #1
    I will start with an excuse, sorry english is not my main lenguage and i dont practice grammar that much, it is my first time in these forums so be kind, i hope i posted on the right forum thank you for the comprehension.
    When you move your arm for example do you generate a trail of vacuum behind it? and does the air ocupating the vacuum space generate force?
    I got as especific is i could get if you need anymore values for the calculations ask,i can give preety much anything.
    How would you calculate:
    What would be the nescessary velocity for a 60cm³ random body part of you (volume) to generate enough vacuum so the air ocupating it space would generate 78 megapascal of pressure on a circle of 3 meter radius?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 20, 2016 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

What I think you are referring to is aerodynamic drag. There is a higher pressure area in front of you and a lower pressure area behind. But 78 megapascal? Atmospheric pressure is only 0.1 megapascals, so no...

4. Oct 20, 2016 #3
    I was expecting an absurd number, something actually inhumanly posible, and yes i think aerodynamic drag is watch i'm refeering to, it is the air ocupating the vacuum created by movement right?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted