Does Anybody Know How to Name the IUPAC of these Compounds

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fractal314
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Compounds Iupac
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Fractal314
Messages
14
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Does anyone know how to name these? I know how to name ethers when there is only one but these are just insane. IUPAC of course.

Homework Equations


1. O
||
CH3-CH2-O-CH=CH-CH-O-CH2-C-C-COOH
| ||
OH O

2. I O O
| || ||
O=C-C=C-CH2-CH-CH=CH-O-C-C-C-O-COOH
| | | ||
H OH OH O

The Attempt at a Solution



See I just don't know how to do multiple ethers here. And in the second one, is there an ester there or does the carboxylic acid take priority anyways?

Note: This can only be answered by people who can edit my post because for some reason the spaces do not show up properly when viewed. But if you go to edit this post it looks ok, so thanks for any help
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I thought they will look better as CODE, but it didn't work either.

Try to download ACD/ChemSketch - they have free version. You will be able to draw a molecule and export it as a picture.