1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does anybody know what this apparatus is for?

  1. Jun 28, 2012 #1
    Hi folks,

    I work as a Lab Technician in a High School and we've been sorting out a lot of the school's old physics equipment. I found this unknown piece of apparatus with the Wheatstone Bridges:





    I assume it works in a similar way to a Wheatstone Bridge but I just can't quite work out what to do with it. Does anybody recognise what it is or know what to do with it? I apologise for the poor quality of the photos!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2012 #2
    I think it is a Meter bridge. Search Meter bridge on google for more Information.
    In brief, it is used to set up Wheatstone network and to find out unknown resistance.
  4. Jun 28, 2012 #3
    I think it is a slide wire potentiometer.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook