Does anyone know how I would go about changing my screenname

• Thread starter nottoosmart
  • Start date
In summary, to change your screenname, go to the settings or account section of the platform or website you are using and edit your profile information. The ability to change your screenname more than once depends on the platform's guidelines. Changing your screenname will not affect your followers or friends, but it is best to inform them of the change. The time it takes for your new screenname to be updated will vary and if it takes too long, you can contact customer support. Some platforms may have restrictions on what screennames are allowed, so it is important to check their guidelines before making a change.
nottoosmart
Does anyone know how I would go about changing my screen name?

Physics news on Phys.org
mr.smartass#1 said:
Does anyone know how I would go about changing my screen name?
You can't. But, seeing as how you have a curse word in your name, you could ask @Greg Bernhardt or @Borek to change it.

Also, it would help to post a question like this in the Feedback and Announcements or https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/new-member-introductions.240/ sections.

To what?

1. How do I change my screenname?

To change your screenname, you will need to go to the settings or account section of the platform or website you are using. From there, you should be able to find an option to edit your profile information, including your screenname. Follow the prompts to change your screenname to your desired name.

2. Can I change my screenname more than once?

It depends on the platform or website you are using. Some may allow you to change your screenname multiple times, while others may have restrictions on how often you can change it. Check the platform's guidelines or terms of use for more information.

3. Will changing my screenname affect my followers or friends?

In most cases, changing your screenname will not affect your followers or friends. However, if your screenname was used as a way for others to find and connect with you, they may need to be informed of the change. Consider making a post or sending a message to let them know of your new screenname.

4. How long does it take for my new screenname to be updated?

The time it takes for your new screenname to be updated will vary depending on the platform or website. Some may update it immediately, while others may take a few hours or even days. If your screenname has not been updated after a reasonable amount of time, you can contact the platform's customer support for assistance.

5. Can I change my screenname to anything I want?

Again, it depends on the platform or website you are using. Some may have restrictions or guidelines on what screennames are allowed. It is best to check the platform's terms of use or guidelines before changing your screenname to ensure it follows their rules and policies.