DOES ANYONE KNOW WERE TO FIND a list of dos bacth file commands

In summary, the basic commands in a DOS batch file are echo, cd, dir, copy, and del. A comprehensive list of these commands can be found on the Microsoft Developer Network website or in the official Microsoft documentation for Windows Command Prompt. To create a batch file in DOS, open a text editor and save the desired commands with a .bat extension. Batch files in DOS are used to automate tasks and execute multiple commands in a sequence, and can still be used in modern operating systems such as Windows 10. However, some commands may have been replaced with newer alternatives and it is important to refer to updated documentation for proper usage.
livet0die
:mad: i can't find any bacth file commands anyone know were to find some?

Technology news on Phys.org
google "dos batch"

i have done that just most of the websites do not list that much

Do you have some specific problem you're trying to solve?

- Warren

no, just commands but there are like no websites that list commands

Try windows help and search for ... Command-line reference A-Z

It's more extensive than can be used with an actual DOS operating system, but I believe those DOS commands would be a subset of what help shows.

cool thanks

What are the basic commands in a DOS batch file?

The most commonly used commands in a DOS batch file are echo, cd, dir, copy, and del.

Where can I find a comprehensive list of DOS batch file commands?

A comprehensive list of DOS batch file commands can be found on the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) website or in the official Microsoft documentation for Windows Command Prompt.

How do I create a batch file in DOS?

To create a batch file in DOS, open a text editor and type in the desired commands. Save the file with a .bat extension. The file can then be executed by double-clicking on it or by running it from the command prompt.

What is the purpose of using batch files in DOS?

Batch files in DOS allow users to automate repetitive tasks and execute multiple commands in a sequence. They can also be used to create simple programs or scripts.

Can I use batch files in modern operating systems?

Yes, batch files can still be used in modern operating systems such as Windows 10. However, some commands may have been replaced with newer alternatives, so it is important to refer to updated documentation when using batch files on newer systems.