Does anyone still have their Christmas tree up?

In summary, the conversation is about when the Christmas tree will be taken down. The first day of Christmas will be the day the tree is taken down, and Christmastide is the time of year the tree is up. The person has an avocado tree that they started from seed and it has been their Christmas tree for most of those years. They will take the tree down when they boot it out this spring.
HeLiXe
When do you plan on taking it down?:biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Martin Luther King's birthday...whether it's ready or not.

When I was a child we once had ours up until Easter :bugeye:

HeLiXe said:
When do you plan on taking it down?:biggrin:

When is the first day of Christmas? When is the twelfth day of Christmas? When is Christmastide?

I haven't put it up yet.

George Jones said:
When is the first day of Christmas? When is the twelfth day of Christmas? When is Christmastide?
Too many questions and I don't know the answers :cry:
Evo said:
I haven't put it up yet.

:rofl:

I bought a tiny one made of wire and glitter for my mom since she's visiting. I hadn't given it a thought until she said "I have to take my Christmas tree down." lol

We never put one up. My wife is horribly allergic to fir and spruce, as is her brother. For us, the food is the holiday(s).

Our neighbors make us a beautiful decorated spruce wreath for our front door every year (ever since we moved up here) and that's all the decoration that we need. We are always the first neighbors to be allowed to pick a wreath from the completed set (Thanksgiving) and the husband, wife, and daughter have a running competition to guess which one we'll pick. It's a pretty nice place to live. We're invited to their house to spend Christmas with them and the grand-daughters, and we bring Duke so he can get his presents and visit with his buddy Max.

Yes.

I have an Avocado tree that I started from seed about 20 years ago, but I live in a freeze zone, so it's been my living room guest from Nov 1 until about the end of March since birth. Hence, it's been my Christmas tree for most of those years.

I'll probably take the lights down when I boot it out this spring.

Down, down, down.

Since living in the south for the last 3 years, I realize how closely tied weather is to my sense of season. It snowed tons (for down here) on Christmas night. So once it rained on Sunday and all the snow was finally melted, it had to go down. Plus it was dropping needles like a Labrador Retriever sheds in summer.

OmCheeto said:
Yes.

I have an Avocado tree that I started from seed about 20 years ago, but I live in a freeze zone, so it's been my living room guest from Nov 1 until about the end of March since birth. Hence, it's been my Christmas tree for most of those years.

I'll probably take the lights down when I boot it out this spring.

Wow! Do you get fruit? Specifically, avocados?

lisab said:
Wow! Do you get fruit? Specifically, avocados?

No... :grumpy:

Nor does my mini-me 20 year old lemon of an auxiliary christmas tree.

OmCheeto said:

For years, I had a grapefruit tree that I started from a seed. It was beautiful with lovely smooth leaves. Never got a blossom, nor a single chance for fruit.

Our little fake Christmas tree that sits on an end table is still there. So are the three reindeer candles on our breakfast table. We'll probably take everything down next weekend.

Attachments

• reindeer.jpg
    reindeer.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 412
No. And I don't still beat my wife either.

Norman said:
Plus it was dropping needles like a Labrador Retriever sheds in summer.
lololol
OmCheeto said:

maybe it feels more like a christmas tree :biggrin:
Jimmy Snyder said:
No. And I don't still beat my wife either.
That's good to hear >_>

Turbo-1, do you still have your wreath up?
Those candles are so cute jtbell :)

HeLiXe said:
Turbo-1, do you still have your wreath up?
That wreath will be up until spring. My wife and I love the look.

Here's mine :tongue2:

Attachments

• crtree.jpg
    crtree.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 465

1. Is it bad luck to still have your Christmas tree up after the holidays?

There is no specific belief or tradition that says it is bad luck to keep your Christmas tree up after the holidays. However, some people may consider it bad luck or a sign of laziness.

2. When is the latest date to take down your Christmas tree?

Traditionally, the latest date to take down your Christmas tree is January 6th, also known as the Feast of the Epiphany or Three Kings Day. However, many people choose to take down their tree anytime between December 26th and January 6th.

3. Will keeping my Christmas tree up for too long cause a fire hazard?

As long as your Christmas tree is properly watered and maintained, it should not pose a significant fire hazard. However, it is always recommended to follow the manufacturer's instructions and dispose of the tree after a certain amount of time.

4. How can I properly dispose of my Christmas tree?

There are several options for disposing of your Christmas tree. You can recycle it by taking it to a designated recycling center, turn it into mulch for your garden, or donate it to a local charity or organization that will make use of it.

5. Is it environmentally friendly to keep my Christmas tree up year-round?

Keeping your Christmas tree up year-round may not be the most environmentally friendly option. Most Christmas trees are cut down specifically for the holiday season, and keeping it up for an extended period of time can contribute to deforestation. It is best to recycle or repurpose your tree after the holidays.