Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Does bosonic superpartners create new fundamental forces?

1. Sep 16, 2016 #1
    in broken supersymmetry every fermion has a super partner that is a boson, with same internal quantum numbers, except mass. i.e superpartner of an electron is a selectron, which is a boson.

in QFT gauge bosons are force carriers. gauge bosons with mass create a force that is short-ranged,

wouldn't each and every fermion in the SM in SUSY create a gauge boson that is the susy-partner of a fermion, that also creates a new fundamental force of nature? all of these forces would be short-ranged.

is there any experimental evidence of new, short-ranged fundamental forces predicted by SUSY associated with squarks selectrons stops, sneutrinos, etc?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2016 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

The definition of "force" or "interaction" is a bit arbitrary. They would not create something like the interactions we know, but in general they can have some (very weak) effects.

4. Sep 16, 2016 #3
    any specific predictions? there are many fermions, so there should be equal number of susy-partner bosons.

also do the anti-matter counterparts of fermions also have susy-partner bosons? i.e spositron

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted