Pin Head
- 23
- 0
Hi,
I just want to make sure I understand acceleration
α = Δv / Δt
α = vf - vi / tf - ti
α = 8m - 0m / 4s - 0s
α = 8m / 4s
[SIZE="4"]α = 2 [SIZE="1"]m/[SIZE="1"]s[SUP]2[/SUP]
So I know it has a constant acceleration of 2 [SIZE="1"]m/[SIZE="1"]s[SUP]2[/SUP]
what I want to know does this mean that the object will increase in acceleration for example
I have two diagrams I created, now when the car accelerates does this mean at 1 second it is 2[SIZE="1"]m/[SIZE="1"]s[SUP]2[/SUP] and at 2 seconds it is increase by 4 [SIZE="1"]m/[SIZE="1"]s[SUP]2[/SUP] and at 3 seconds it has increased to 6 [SIZE="1"]m/[SIZE="1"]s[SUP]2[/SUP] and at 4 seconds it has increase to 8 [SIZE="1"]m/[SIZE="1"]s[SUP]2[/SUP]
Am I understanding this correctly help would be appreciated
I just want to make sure I understand acceleration
α = Δv / Δt
α = vf - vi / tf - ti
α = 8m - 0m / 4s - 0s
α = 8m / 4s
[SIZE="4"]α = 2 [SIZE="1"]m/[SIZE="1"]s[SUP]2[/SUP]
So I know it has a constant acceleration of 2 [SIZE="1"]m/[SIZE="1"]s[SUP]2[/SUP]
what I want to know does this mean that the object will increase in acceleration for example
I have two diagrams I created, now when the car accelerates does this mean at 1 second it is 2[SIZE="1"]m/[SIZE="1"]s[SUP]2[/SUP] and at 2 seconds it is increase by 4 [SIZE="1"]m/[SIZE="1"]s[SUP]2[/SUP] and at 3 seconds it has increased to 6 [SIZE="1"]m/[SIZE="1"]s[SUP]2[/SUP] and at 4 seconds it has increase to 8 [SIZE="1"]m/[SIZE="1"]s[SUP]2[/SUP]
Am I understanding this correctly help would be appreciated
Attachments