Does plasma react to eletromotive force

In summary: Otherwise, the answer is "yes, plasma does react to electromotive force."In summary, plasma, a type of ionized gas with no charge, does indeed react to electromotive force, which is the change in electromagnetic flux over time. However, it is important to have a basic understanding of plasma and electromagnetism in order to fully understand and appreciate the answer to this question.
Scott 224
Poster has been reminded to post much more information when starting threads, including links to their reading so far.

Physics news on Phys.org
blood plasma ? :smile:

Or a different kind of plasma, consisting of ...

(ps what is eletromotive force ? I know a little about electromagnetic force)

[edit] PS2: hello Scott, :welcome:

[edit2]looked it up and it turns out to be a legal term :rolleyes: -- I just had it stored as 'emf' and the translation in my brain for this in the context of plasmas is 'electric force'.

Answer to your question is Yes

Now my question to you is: since you like brevity, would you have preferred a one word answer :wink: ?

Last edited:
Likes davenn and berkeman
Scott 224 said:

You have a pattern of posting very terse questions and responses. Did you know that up till now, in all the 5 posts that you've made, none of them exceeded more than SEVEN words?

Why does this matter here? It matters because I do not know if YOU know what is a "plasma" and what is an "electromotive force". Before you ask if one affects the other, you need to first understand what each of them is. You did not indicate that you do, and if you do, you did not indicate why you don't know if one reacts to the other. This may reveal to us your level of understanding, and informs us at what level we can reply. It is of no use, and a waste of time, if we tell you an answer that is way over your head.

So if you wish to receive a clear, thoughtful answer, how about putting in a similar level of effort in your questions? And in this one post alone, I've written more than all of your posts combined.

Zz.

Likes davenn, berkeman, Asymptotic and 1 other person
BvU said:
blood plasma ? :smile:

Or a different kind of plasma, consisting of ...

(ps what is eletromotive force ? I know a little about electromagnetic force)

[edit] PS2: hello Scott, :welcome:

[edit2]looked it up and it turns out to be a legal term :rolleyes: -- I just had it stored as 'emf' and the translation in my brain for this in the context of plasmas is 'electric force'.

Answer to your question is Yes

Now my question to you is: since you like brevity, would you have preferred a one word answer :wink: ?
ZapperZ said:
You have a pattern of posting very terse questions and responses. Did you know that up till now, in all the 5 posts that you've made, none of them exceeded more than SEVEN words?

Why does this matter here? It matters because I do not know if YOU know what is a "plasma" and what is an "electromotive force". Before you ask if one affects the other, you need to first understand what each of them is. You did not indicate that you do, and if you do, you did not indicate why you don't know if one reacts to the other. This may reveal to us your level of understanding, and informs us at what level we can reply. It is of no use, and a waste of time, if we tell you an answer that is way over your head.

So if you wish to receive a clear, thoughtful answer, how about putting in a similar level of effort in your questions? And in this one post alone, I've written more than all of your posts combined.

Zz.
All that I know about plasma is that it is ionized gas with no charge. Electromotive force is minus the change in electromagnetic flux divided by the change in time.
I asked a simple question, I would just like to know the answer no matter how complex it is. I couldn't find the answer anywhere else.

Scott 224 said:
no charge
no charge, no interaction
Scott 224 said:
change in electromagnetic flux
What is your picture of flux in connection with an infinitesimally sized constituent of plasma ?
Are you familiar with the laws of electromagnetism ?
Scott 224 said:
I couldn't find the answer anywhere else.
Poster has been reminded to post much more information when starting threads, including links to their reading so far.
If you tell us where you did look, we might be able to suggest alternative locations.

1. How does plasma react to electromotive force?

Plasma is a state of matter that is made up of ionized gas particles. When an electromotive force, or voltage, is applied to plasma, it can become more energized and change its behavior.

2. What happens to plasma when it is exposed to electromotive force?

When plasma is exposed to electromotive force, it can become heated and start to emit light. This process is known as plasma excitation and is commonly seen in plasma lamps and televisions.

3. Can plasma be controlled using electromotive force?

Yes, plasma can be controlled using electromotive force. By adjusting the voltage, scientists can manipulate the behavior of plasma and use it for various applications, such as in plasma thrusters for spacecraft.

4. Is there a limit to how much plasma can react to electromotive force?

There is no set limit to how much plasma can react to electromotive force. It ultimately depends on the strength of the voltage applied and the properties of the plasma itself.

5. What are some practical uses for plasma reacting to electromotive force?

Plasma reacting to electromotive force has many practical uses, including in plasma cutting and welding, plasma medicine for treating certain diseases, and in plasma etching for microchip fabrication.