Does QFT specify particle propagation?

In summary: In short, if you're concerned with the momentum of the particle, then you're using a different formalism than QFT.Yes, I think this is what you're asking. If the momentum of the particle is not important to you, then QFT would not specify how the momentum is distributed between the virtual particles in the process of propagation. Thanks.Yes, I think this is what you're asking. If the momentum of the particle is not important to you, then QFT would not specify how the momentum is distributed between the virtual particles in the process of propagation. Thanks.
Thank you for your advice. But what I'm hearing from this is basically, "Shut up and calculate". Although, you are being nice about it. I have no commitment at this time to a particular interpretation. I'm just here to gain understanding. I think that requires some visualization of what's going on in the math. And the only visualization technique for quantum theory seems to be that of virtual particles, unless, of course, you know of a better way to visualize what's going on.

Physics news on Phys.org
Let me be more direct - even if that means being less nice. You are dismissing a correct view in favor of an incorrect view because you like it better. This not science.

Likes vanhees71
Vanadium 50 said:
Let me be more direct - even if that means being less nice. You are dismissing a correct view in favor of an incorrect view because you like it better. This not science.
You are attributing a commitment on my part based only on my asking questions. I think this thread is done.

friend said:
I think this thread is done.
Me too.