Does the comparison test work for this series inequality?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Square1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Inequality
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Square1
Messages
143
Reaction score
1
Hey check out the attached picture. I think I solved the issue now but just to confirm perhaps...

If I were to continue here using the comparison test, is the only problem that b-subn limit equals 0, so the comparison test is inconclusive?

Otherwise, since our summation does not included n=0 (or other undefined values right?), my simplified form of a-subn holds, and my inequality is correct?

Thanks for any help.
 
Attachments
  • series pic.jpg
    series pic.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 427
Physics news on Phys.org
Your picture is hard to read. However, it seems you have a series where for large n, the terms are approximately 1/n, so the series diverges.