1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Doppler Effect Investigatory Project

1. Dec 6, 2009 #1

JGL

Can someone give me an idea on our Investigatory project about Doppler Effect...???

Our project shouldn't be amounting in an expensive one. I am only 4th year high school student and so confuse what project will i make... Please Help me guys.

Thanks in Advance Guys!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2009 #2

JGL

help me guys please.. i need it T_T

4. Dec 23, 2009 #3
    hello to everyone there,i am also very problematic about our INVESTIGATORY PROJECT bacause i donnot have enough information about it... so i am looking somebody who has a knowledge about investigatory to help me in our projecc...please help us... our topic is to do a simple device that can be use in our school...i am llooking forward for an urgent reply for my request...thank you...

5. Dec 23, 2009 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  6. Dec 24, 2009 #5
    Here is a nice link for you: "Hacking the Hot Wheels Radar Gun"
    http://www.edparadis.com/radar/

Note that the micro controller on that device can easily be reprogrammed using the open source software tools. It is also very cheap, only $30 :)

7. Dec 25, 2009 #6
    In post #4, I should have added "measuring the pitch change of a horn in a moving vehicle and comparing it to a radar gun."
    Bob S

8. Dec 28, 2009 #7
    wow they look complicated....
    they need a small device...

the easiest experiment i can think of is having a dish of water moving something up and down which make a wave pattern, now move the source (the up and down thing creating the wave) away and towards a marked side of the dish and you will see the wavelength of the waves change as your move the source (the up and down thing creating the wave)
    the faster the source and the speed your moving the source the easier it is the see the effect

what i've just described above is in this video

(ignore the first bit when she's in the bath it's NOT R rated)
    all you basically have 2 do is replace the duck with something electrical and call it a devise lol...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook