Dose our life deserve these efforts we pay ?

• Thread starter Eng.Elkurdi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, the conversation revolves around the question of whether life is worth living and if the efforts we put into it are justified. Some argue that life is about the journey, not the destination, while others question the meaning and purpose of our existence. The topic also touches on the concept of an afterlife and the idea of setting goals and objectives in life. The conversation ends with a suggestion to use one's life to help those in need.
Eng.Elkurdi
Does our life deserve these efforts we pay ?

Hi,,, everyone:biggrin:

This is my first subject at your forum which is really attracted me specially

that it contain twice science and general subjects.

I wondered with which subject to start and in which forum departement

and i decided to start here and to start with a general and important

question...Does our life deserve these efforts we pay ?:confused:

lots of us start his day working and end it too, we live starting as child

and ended by death, during our life we have wars, peace, love and hate

and regardless what our life looks like , the end is the same...DEATH

Hope to take this subject seriously, why to live ?

is 70 - to 80 years along interval ?

does this deserve killing , hating:mad: , wars:devil: , ...etc

waiting ur replies:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Our lives are what we make them. Life is about the journey, not the destination.

Likes Majorana
I'm having a hard time compressing the opening post down to an easily grasped question but I think it might be: "Is it worth it to exert much effort in life when, no matter what effort, or how much effort, you exert, everyone dies at the end.

If that is correct, then I agree with Dave's answer.

lunarmansion said:
Well even people like Donald Trump here sometimes talk sense when they say that life is a gradual waiting for death. We fool ourselves I think of this fact, and it is a depressing one when we think too much about it. The older I get (and I am still quite young), the more I am struck by human greed and vanity and the utter senselessness of it all. One option is to exit from it all and the other is to do something meaningful with oneself and try to at least enjoy our time here despite all the craziness going on here. The second is the more viable option I think. Despite all my years in school, and for all my education and for all I have seen, I find myself really not much wiser than I started out and often not any closer to the truth than the man I see sleeping in the subway on my way to school every day who seems to have lost his mind. Regarding the negative in life, here is a quote from a mathematician I happen to like:
"The cussedness of things". An unnecessary anthropomorphism. WE might speak of the world as malicious; we could easily imagine the Devil had created the world, or part of it. And it is not necessary to imagine the evil spirit intervening in particular situations; everything can happen "according to the laws of nature"; it is just that the whole scheme of things will be aimed at evil from the start. But man exists in his world, where things break, slide about, cause every imaginable mischief. And of course he is one such thing himself-The "cussedness" of things is a stupid anthropomorphism. Because the truth is much graver than this fiction."

really your reply is very deep and complex, first thanks...

second, my objective from this subject is to ask how can i feel that life

with all events it contain have a real mean ?

and does putting aims and objectives to reach during life is really

effective- as some people say-?

also what religions tells about a nother final life after death ?

I need your opinion friends...

I will never understand why so many people worry about stuff like this and don't just try to live their life in a way that is best for them. To me they waste their entire life worrying if they are wasting their life. :rolleyes:

There was a book "Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff, Simple ways to keep the little things from taking over your life". Maybe you should read it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786881852/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I don't waste my time reading that kind of thing, but sounds like you might like it.

Last edited:
We do make those efforts to make a more enjoyable life. At least I can't enjoy my life if I think I'm wasting my time and energy.
Oh I also agree with Dave and Zoobie(:!) ).

Evo said:
I will never understand why so many people worry about stuff like this and don't just try to live their life in a way that is best for them. To me they waste they're entire life worrying if they are wasting their life. :rolleyes:

There was a book "Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff, Simple ways to keep the little things from taking over your life". Maybe you should read it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786881852/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I don't waste my time reading that kind of thing, but sounds like you might like it.

Thanks Evo for your advice...

well,,, i agree with u. i hate thinking about these things but when i saw

what kind of suffer people face in different area of this Earth such as

those in africa. i really ask my self what prevented me to be one of those

who don't find food to eat or one of those die every day by diseases.

do u agree with me?

why not us ?

who has the choice and is that fair ?

Eng.Elkurdi said:
i hate thinking about these things but when i saw what kind of suffer people face in different area of this Earth such as those in africa. i really ask my self what prevented me to be one of those who don't find food to eat or one of those die every day by diseases.
do u agree with me?
why not us ?

Has it occurred to you that, during this short, perhaps wasted life you have been given, you might put it to good use by helping those suffering people in Africa?

Perhaps you are not the one who stands to benefit from your life. Perhaps there are others who stand to benefit from your life.

heh, who the hack care what happens beond the sea.
we care more for ourself more than anything, and this is how it should be. just live your life, be kind to those near you.
its painful to see hadicapts in the hospital indeed, but we tend to not care too much anyway.

people die, and suffer, but if ull try to absorb other's misery its pretty much recking your life... as long as things are far from the eye, normally you wouldn't care, by nature. don't make yourself suffer, when you can avoid suffering...

Well, what are your options?
To die instead of giving it a try?
Or seize the opportunity given to you?

Children starving in Africa is indeed a terrible problem, but look it from this point of view - They don't have the opportunity to do something, you do, but if you don't - you'll realize this one day and regret it. I believe it's worse to regret something that could've been instead of missing something that wasn't your's for the taking.

If you look at from a biological view, it's to mate as much as possible and spread your seed. So, instead of doing math and physics :wink: go out and shag as many women as possible :smile: In other words enjoy yourself, nothing lasts forever!

Eng.Elkurdi said:
i hate thinking about these things but when i saw

what kind of suffer people face in different area of this Earth such as

those in africa. i really ask my self what prevented me to be one of those

who don't find food to eat or one of those die every day by diseases.

do u agree with me?

why not us ?

I see what's bothering you now, and it bothers me as well.

My reaction is to waver back and forth between Dave and Evo's positions: try to do something about it when possible and try not to worry about the fact you can never completely solve this problem.

Why do people who ask the big questions never have a grasp of grammar or punctuation?

lunarmansion said:
Well perhaps they might not be native speakers of english. Is there a rule that such a person cannot cannot ask? I do not like to ask such questions myself but somehow they always get a reaction out of me.
Who? What? When? How?

As far as life's concerned: death's always going to be there.

There are loads of ways to enjoy life though.

Some people like to earn and save loads of money; working to afford a future lifestyle. Whereas, some people enjoy to spend what they get day to day.

I prefer the second approach. Enjoy the moment.

Work to live, don't live to work.

Other efforts?

In an academic setting, yes the efforts are worth it. My work (although only limited people will read/use it) will outlive me. That's quite cool, and worth the effort.

J77 said:
Why do people who ask the big questions never have a grasp of grammar or punctuation?
Funny thing about the World Wide Web, is that it really is "World Wide".

*Insert Americano-centric bashing remark here*

:biggrin:

J77 said:

Do u mean my language :confused: ?

well,,, :uhh: the true is that english language is my second language.

Sorry if there are some mistakes, but the objective to give the experssion

correctly and depending on others replies, I think that i gave the meanings

i want.

Thanks.o:)

Eng.Elkurdi said:
It's just that when some people start philosophising in a first post, it can seem like a long rant.

Sometimes it seems that the post hasn't been reread, before submitting, to see if it makes sense or not. (And it can't be that hard to capitalise the start of sentences.)

Eng.Elkurdi said:
Sorry if there are some mistakes,
Don't apologize. We look beyond spelling.

Evo said:
I will never understand why so many people worry about stuff like this and don't just try to live their life in a way that is best for them. To me they waste their entire life worrying if they are wasting their life. :rolleyes:
Well, there are common times that a great many people worry about their lives, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Still, if the worry becomes overpowering (and that happens a lot too), then obviously it can be harmful.

My philosophy has always been that if I like where I am now and am on a good path (sometimes that's the same thing), I'm good. The problem a lot of people have is they don't know what path they want to be on or are on the wrong path or worry about their progress on that path. Then the combined hits of fear of stagnation and fear of change become paralyzing. I guess then it really all is about control - the key is believing you have control over your life and acting accordingly.

Still, the one thing you can't control is time, which is why people have midlife crises - but then the solution is what you just said: distract yourself by living and don't sweat the small stuff.

Thanks for your replies friends...

well,, I took from you some of what i want from this subject or post.

but their still a nother point?

it is sure that all of you know lots about religions, specially islam,

Christians and Jews which tell that there is a nother life after death

and it depend on this life and how we act in it.

do you think that this can give our life a nother taste ?

Waiting your opinions...

Well, as someone said: it can be argued that atheists are the most moral of people, since they must develop their own internal reasons for being "good people", rather than because of reward or punishment.

Atheists choose to be good because they determine that it is the right thing to do, not because someone or something tells them that they should (even if they're told that 'it is the right thing to do').

"Character is who you are in the dark." (translation: your character determines how you act when no one is lookiing and you can't get caught). Atheists are never being watched, therefore their actions are the most sincere.

Those who decide that someone else is in charge of right and wrong, are passing the buck - they are abdicating personal responsibility.

Or so it can be argued.

Wait - what was the question? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Every man must find his own path, once he does, he will be happy.

Eng.Elkurdi said:
Thanks for your replies friends...

well,, I took from you some of what i want from this subject or post.

but their still a nother point?

it is sure that all of you know lots about religions, specially islam,

Christians and Jews which tell that there is a nother life after death

and it depend on this life and how we act in it.

do you think that this can give our life a nother taste ?

Waiting your opinions...
Discussions of specific religions and/or beliefs aren't allowed here. Generic discussions are permissable.

I have to agree with Dave, being a good person because that's how you want to be rather than being good because you're afraid of punishment requires a little more backbone.

octelcogopod said:
Every man must find his own path, once he does, he will be happy.
Unless his path is an artist. In which case, he will be angst-ridden (at least, if he wants to be a productive artist).:rolleyes:

ok friends i think that this forum is really perfect and all are serious here

so as i told u before i am a new user of this forum and i think i like it.

Sounds like we passed the test. :rofl:

DaveC426913 said:
Sounds like we passed the test. :rofl:

:smile: Not exactly like this.:biggrin:

DaveC426913 said:
"Character is who you are in the dark." (translation: your character determines how you act when no one is lookiing and you can't get caught). Atheists are never being watched, therefore their actions are the most sincere.

:
I have a certain fondness for the ancients' idea that character is shown when you are drunk.
Rather than our lame excuses like "I wasn't myself last night", the Greek would have replied "Oh yes you were, and I didn't like it one bit" :smile:

You know people born into the United States and other countries usually have a good exsistence. I mean, people generally can pursue their dreams, their work can make a difference, etc. When asking whether or not life is worth living to people that have good lives, they are of course going to say yes, even if they ultimately believe that life is meaningless and all happened by chance (i.e. evolution). But people whose lives consist of endless suffering and terror are only still around because they have some sort of religion that gives them hope, or that they have some sort of hope or reason besides this. Their continuing exsistence would be nullified by the idea that life is meaningless, since why exsist and care about other people when nothing matters, all is an accident, and nothing is likely going to ever break the suffering in your life.

scott_alexsk said:
But people whose lives consist of endless suffering and terror are only still around because they have some sort of religion that gives them hope, or that they have some sort of hope or reason besides this.
Not personally knowing anybody like this, I would not be comfortable presuming to know how others live, what they think and why they continue to subsist. Aren't you being a little presumptuous?

Well I was referring to a large majority of people in Africa such as those in Sudan, Liberia and other countries. And in any case would life be truly worth living if that was all you had to deal with and remmember every day, knowing that there is no end or reason to it all and that all you have to, likely, look forward to after it, is simply the eventual death of you and those close to you. It may be presumptious but I do not simply see how people could rationalize living unless they had some kind of hope, or faith in religion. Religion is the opiate of the masses.
-scott

...would life be truly worth living if that was all you had to deal with and remmember every day, knowing that there is no end or reason to it all and that all you have to, likely, look forward to after it, is simply the eventual death of you and those close to you.
I think you may be watching too much TV - that's not meant to be trite .These people still have lives; it's not all flies and starvation.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2000/aids/stories/overview/"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2449527.stm"

I was exaggerating somewhat, but it is still very bad.
-scott

scott_alexsk said:
http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2000/aids/stories/overview/"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2449527.stm"

I was exaggerating somewhat, but it is still very bad.
-scott
Yes, but the jist of your post is that it is so bad that, if not for belief in God, they would have no reason to live. That is a statement that can't simply be handwaved.

http://www.wwrn.org/article.php?idd=20928&sec=20&con=58"

Here is an article on Christian expansion in Africa. Look around, Islam is expanding at a similar rate.

I ask you if these people were satisfied with the state of their lives why would they be converting at such huge rates. If their lives are so fine why do they feel the need to probe another religion to see if they can get a better life out of it? They are searching. They are seeking relief in religion. If you take that away from them and tell them it is not going to make a difference and that there is a high likelyhood that things are going to stay the same way they are, how do you think they are going to react? They're not going to simply brush it off like its nothing, you are changing their entire perspective of the world and on the meaning of life. If they did not need religion why would they pursue it?

-scott

1. What is the meaning of "dose our life deserve these efforts we pay"?

The phrase "dose our life deserve these efforts we pay" is a philosophical question that asks whether the amount of effort we put into our lives is worth it and if our lives are deserving of the effort we put in.

2. What factors determine if our lives deserve the efforts we pay?

There is no one definitive answer to this question as it is subjective and can vary from person to person. Factors that may influence one's perception of whether their life deserves the effort they put in could include personal values, beliefs, goals, and overall satisfaction with life.

3. How can we measure if our lives are deserving of the efforts we pay?

Again, this is a subjective question and there is no universal way to measure if one's life is deserving of the efforts they put in. Some may measure it based on achievements, relationships, happiness, or other personal metrics.

4. Is it possible for our lives to not deserve the efforts we pay?

This is a complex question and the answer may vary depending on one's perspective. Some may argue that every life is inherently deserving of effort, while others may believe that certain actions or choices can make a life less deserving of effort. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to determine the worth of their own life and the efforts they put into it.

5. How can we find balance between the efforts we pay and the worth of our lives?

Finding balance between the efforts we put into our lives and the worth of our lives is a personal journey and may look different for each individual. Some strategies that may help include setting realistic goals, prioritizing self-care and self-reflection, and seeking support from loved ones or professionals if needed.