Double integral question: Evaluating Integrals with Sinusoidal Functions

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
engineer_dave
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Double integral question...

Homework Statement



Evaluate the integrals shown ( I have attached the file with the integral).

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



Ok, for the first one, can you tell me how I integrate sin x^2...?? which method should i use? And for the second one, I don't really understand what the R is. What do u have to do to find the values next to to the integrand. Thanks!
 
Attachments
  • Double integral continued.JPG
    Double integral continued.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 490
Physics news on Phys.org
x is in the limits of the dy integration. Integrating sin(x^2) dy gives y*sin(x^2). Now put in the y limits THEN integrate dx. See, it does have an x in front of it.