1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Doublie slit w/ electron problem

1. Dec 21, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

In a Young’s double-sit experiment performed with electrons, the two slits are
    separated by a distance of 2.0 x 10^-6m. The first-order bright fringes are located
    on the observation screen at an angle of 1.6 x 10^-4 degrees. Find the wavelength
    and momentum of the electrons.

2. Relevant equations

lamda = dsinx/n ?

3. The attempt at a solution

So i think electrons display the same properties as light when fired through the doublie slit thingy, thus I just subed 2E-6m for d and 1.6E-4 degree for x and used

lamda = dsinx

Answers not right though...and I really don't know where to continue from here.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2011 #2
    come on someone help me please D:

4. Dec 22, 2011 #3

ehild

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

What results did you get?

ehild

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  5. Dec 22, 2011 #4
    OK nevermind, what I did was right, the teacher made type and give wrong angle, thank you anywayz

6. Dec 22, 2011 #5

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Glad it worked out.

FYI, in the future I recommend posting any final result you calculate. Otherwise people have no way of knowing if you did it correctly all the way through to the end.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook