Dragging a component from "supplier search"- Altium Designer 17.1

In summary, To drag a component from "supplier search" in Altium Designer 17.1, follow these steps: 1. In the Libraries panel, click on the "Supplier Search" tab. 2. Use the search bar to find the desired component. 3. Click and hold the component to be dragged. 4. Drag the component onto the schematic or PCB document. 5. Release the mouse button to place the component. It is not possible to drag multiple components from "supplier search" at once. To customize the "supplier search" results in Altium Designer 17.1, follow these steps: 1. In the Libraries panel, click on the "Supplier Search" tab. 2. Click
brainbaby
Dear viewers,
As I am using an Altium designer ver 17.1, I am unable to drag a component from the supplier search to the schematic sheet (.SchDoc).
I am stuck. Could anyone help me to rectify what the problem is?

Thanks

IMG_9498 copy.jpg

Computer science news on Phys.org

1. How do I drag a component from "supplier search" in Altium Designer 17.1?

To drag a component from "supplier search" in Altium Designer 17.1, follow these steps:

1. Open the "Supplier Search" panel by clicking on the "Supplier Search" button in the toolbar.

2. Use the search bar to find the desired component by entering its name, manufacturer, or part number.

3. Once you have found the component, click and hold on it to select it.

4. Drag the selected component onto your schematic or PCB design.

2. Can I drag multiple components from "supplier search" at once?

Yes, you can drag multiple components from "supplier search" at once by selecting them with a left-click while holding down the Ctrl key. You can then drag all the selected components onto your design at the same time.

3. How do I customize the supplier search results in Altium Designer 17.1?

To customize the supplier search results in Altium Designer 17.1, follow these steps:

1. Open the "Supplier Search" panel and click on the "Options" button in the top-right corner.

2. In the "Options" menu, you can specify which suppliers to include in your search results, as well as filter the results by manufacturer or part number.

3. You can also set up custom supplier data sources by clicking on the "Supplier Data Sources" button in the "Options" menu.

4. How do I add a new supplier to the "supplier search" in Altium Designer 17.1?

To add a new supplier to the "supplier search" in Altium Designer 17.1, follow these steps:

1. Open the "Supplier Search" panel and click on the "Options" button in the top-right corner.

2. In the "Options" menu, click on the "Supplier Data Sources" button.

3. In the "Supplier Data Sources" window, click on the "Add" button.

4. Enter the information for the new supplier, including their name, website, and any other relevant data.

5. Click "OK" to save the new supplier.

5. How do I update the supplier data in "supplier search" in Altium Designer 17.1?

To update the supplier data in "supplier search" in Altium Designer 17.1, follow these steps:

2. In the "Options" menu, click on the "Supplier Data Sources" button.

3. In the "Supplier Data Sources" window, click on the supplier you want to update.

4. Click on the "Update" button and wait for the update to complete.

5. Click "OK" to save the updated data.