Draw the temperature versus distance graph

In summary, the conversation is about two materials with different thermal conductivity and drawing a temperature vs. distance graph between 23 K and 200K. The question is whether there is an easy way to relate the slope of the graph to the thermal conductivities. The solution is to calculate the temperatures where the materials meet, but there may be a way to draw the graph without calculations. A hint is given to write out the equation for thermal conductivity.
hyper
Hello, I have two materials with different thermal conductivity.
http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=heat.png

I am supposed to draw the temperature vs. distance graph between 23 K and 200K. I assume that in it is a linear decrease if you look at only one of the materials, but they have different slopes because of the different thermal conductivity properties? Is there a easy way to relate the slope to the thermal conductivities?

PS:

Later in the assignment I am supposed to calculate the temperatures where the materials meet. If I do this first, this would answer my question. But I am wondering if you can draw this without doing any calculations?

Physics news on Phys.org
any ideas? you need to provide your attempt at a solution, see the template

lanedance:

If you read my post you will see that my question is allmost a yes or no question.

yes,

do you know have the definition of thermal conductivity is?

should be a big hint there if you write out the equation...

"should be a big hint there if you write out the equation... "

Thank you, this statement made me figure it out.

1. What is a temperature versus distance graph?

A temperature versus distance graph is a graphical representation of the relationship between temperature and distance. It shows how the temperature changes as you move away from a specific point or location.

2. How is a temperature versus distance graph created?

A temperature versus distance graph is created by plotting the temperature values on the y-axis and the distance values on the x-axis. The data points are then connected with a line to show the trend in the temperature change.

3. What type of data is typically used in a temperature versus distance graph?

The data used in a temperature versus distance graph is usually numerical data, such as temperature readings and distance measurements. This data can be collected using thermometers, sensors, or other measuring devices.

4. What can a temperature versus distance graph tell us?

A temperature versus distance graph can tell us the relationship between temperature and distance, and can show us how the temperature changes as we move away from a specific point. It can also help identify patterns or trends in the temperature data.

5. How can a temperature versus distance graph be useful in science?

A temperature versus distance graph can be useful in science for studying the effects of heat and temperature on different substances. It can also be used to analyze data and make predictions about temperature changes over certain distances.