Dynamics Problem? - reason for the cases described

In summary: Why is it that the gun fires projectiles in a straight line?In summary, the homework statement is an old exam question. It is unclear what the question is asking. There are three parts to the question- (d), (i), and (ii). The first two parts are self-explanatory, while (iii) is not.
PhysicStud01

Homework Statement

pic.png

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i can't figure out the reasons for the statements. could you explain, along with th e physics involved.
also, (a) and b(i). you are welcome to explain the numerical parts too.

Physics news on Phys.org
PhysicStud01 said:
i can't figure out the reasons for the statements. could you explain, along with th e physics involved.
also, (a) and b(i). you are welcome to explain the numerical parts too.

Apparently, it's some sort of HW problem or exam. Where's the rest of it?

SteamKing said:
Apparently, it's some sort of HW problem or exam. Where's the rest of it?
it's an exam question from very old paper - not recent. that's all there is to the question. could you help with explaining the cases and reasons

PhysicStud01 said:
it's an exam question from very old paper - not recent. that's all there is to the question. could you help with explaining the cases and reasons
To me, these questions seem self-explanatory. If you have a specific question about something which is unclear, I'll try to help. But simply saying 'Explain this' is too vague.

SteamKing said:
To me, these questions seem self-explanatory. If you have a specific question about something which is unclear, I'll try to help. But simply saying 'Explain this' is too vague.
the 2 parts of (d). could you explain. like give the reason and what I should have known to arrive that the conclusion (reason)

PhysicStud01 said:
the 2 parts of (d). could you explain. like give the reason and what I should have known to arrive that the conclusion (reason)
Well, what happens when you shoot something out of a gun? Study the details given in section (c) and ask yourself if it would be safe for a man inside the spacecraft to be shot out of a gun.

It takes a certain velocity to achieve orbit. By siting the gun on the equator, how does this help achieve that velocity? What does the Earth do all day?

SteamKing said:
Well, what happens when you shoot something out of a gun? Study the details given in section (c) and ask yourself if it would be safe for a man inside the spacecraft to be shot out of a gun.

It takes a certain velocity to achieve orbit. By siting the gun on the equator, how does this help achieve that velocity? What does the Earth do all day?
thanks a lot. but sorry, i still can't figure it out

could someone else please help

PhysicStud01 said:
thanks a lot. but sorry, i still can't figure it out

could someone else please help
(d)(i) Think about forces.
(d)(ii) The sun does not go around the Earth each day, right?

1. What is the definition of dynamics in physics?

Dynamics in physics is the study of how objects move and the forces that cause that movement. It involves understanding the motion of objects and how they interact with their environment.

2. How do you solve a dynamics problem?

To solve a dynamics problem, you first need to identify all the known and unknown variables, such as mass, acceleration, and force. Then, you can use Newton's laws of motion and other relevant equations to analyze the problem and find the solution.

3. What is the difference between kinematics and dynamics?

Kinematics is the study of the motion of objects without considering the forces that cause that motion. Dynamics, on the other hand, focuses on the forces that affect an object's motion. In short, kinematics describes how objects move, while dynamics explains why they move.

4. What are some common real-life examples of dynamics problems?

Some common examples of dynamics problems include calculating the acceleration of a car on a curved road, predicting the trajectory of a ball thrown into the air, and determining the force needed to lift an object off the ground.

5. Why is understanding dynamics important?

Understanding dynamics is crucial in many fields, such as engineering, physics, and mechanics. It allows us to analyze and predict the behavior of objects in motion, which is essential for designing structures, machines, and vehicles. Dynamics also helps us understand the natural world and the laws that govern it.