The Faraday field can be solved for directly using the magnetic field of a straight current carrying wire, suitably made covariant. Geometric algebra makes this very easy to do.
First, we need a way to talk about the part of a vector that is perpendicular to a plane. This is in 4D spacetime, so you can't resort to dot products and normal vectors. You need a wedge product. Let there be a plane [itex]K = a \wedge b[/itex] for two vectors [itex]a,b[/itex]. This is just the plane formed by the span of [itex]a,b[/itex]. For a third vector [itex]s[/itex], the part of [itex]s[/itex] that lies entirely outside of the plane [itex]K[/itex] is denoted by [itex](s \wedge K) \cdot K^{-1}[/itex], where [itex]K^{-1} = K/(K \cdot K)[/itex].
The general form of the Faraday field from a current carrying wire is (in [itex]\mu_0 = \epsilon_0 = c = 1[/itex] units):
[tex]F = \frac{1}{2\pi} I \wedge \rho^{-1}[/tex]
where [itex]I[/itex] is the current vector and [itex]\rho = [s \wedge (I \wedge u)] \cdot (I \wedge u)^{-1}[/itex] for some four-velocity of the wire [itex]u[/itex] and a position vector [itex]s[/itex]. Here's a quick check to ensure this reproduces the stationary current carrying wire: let [itex]I = I_0 e_z[/itex] and [itex]u = e_t[/itex]. Then we have
[tex]I \wedge u = I_0 e_{zt}[/tex]
As well as
[tex]\rho = [(s^\rho e_\rho + s^z e_z + s^t e_t) \wedge (I_0 e_{zt})] \cdot e_{zt}/I_0 = s^\rho I_0 e_{\rho z t} \cdot e_{zt}/I_0 = s^\rho e_\rho[/tex]
Clearly, then, [itex]\rho^{-1} = e_\rho /s^\rho[/itex], and our Faraday field is
[tex]F= \frac{1}{2\pi s^\rho} I_0 e_{z \rho}[/tex]
Exactly as it is in the simple, stationary, infinite current-carrying wire, and since we've done this in terms of arbitrarily oriented wires with arbitrary velocities, we know this solution should hold for all such cases. Note that if the wire goes from carrying no current to carrying some current (that is, the current is a function of time), this method will not hold.
It should be clear that even in the particular case where the boost velocity is parallel to the extent of the wire that an electric field arises and that the magnetic field changes by a factor of gamma. This is seen simply with the transformation [itex]e_z = \gamma (e_{z'} - \beta e_{t'}[/itex], and we get
[tex]F = \frac{1}{2\pi s^\rho} I_0 \gamma (e_{z' \rho} - \beta e_{t' \rho})[/tex]
Which clearly has both electric and magnetic pieces.