Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Educational science books for the daily commute?

1. Mar 11, 2016 #1
    I am posting this here instead of "Science and math textbooks" because I am looking for suggestions on an easy reading but educational book, not a workbook.

I am by no means an expert, but I have a solid backgound in math and physics from college (Engineering), as well as self-study with workbooks in the fields of special/general relativity, quantum mechanics etc on a hobby basis. I am looking for a book that can be read on my daily commute that does not require pencil and paper work.

I have finished most of Brian Greene's work (The elegant univers/The fabric of the cosmos/The hidden reality).

Now I'm not sure where to go, I mean Brian Greene set the standard high. He has an incredible ability to explain even the most complicated ideas, and he does it in a fun and interesting way. You never really fall out or "dull out".

I was pointed towards "The ancestors tale, Richard Dawkins", but I saw there is an updated version being released in a couple months so I want to wait for that!

Can anyone suggest some good, educational reads?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2016 #2

collinsmark

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The Drunkard's Walk by Leonard Mlodinow was pretty good.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted