Electrical engineering curriculum ,your opinion is required.

In summary, a student is planning to apply to Cleveland State University for a major in Electrical Engineering and is seeking advice from someone with experience. Other users recommend checking college forums and social media pages for more information, but caution against potential trolling. The student also notes that the program seems similar to their current program with a few differences. They express a desire for a course on embedded systems design, which is offered as an elective.
YYaaSSeeRR
hi
I am going to apply to Cleveland State university soon to major in Electrical engineering.
here is the program they offer :
http://www.csuohio.edu/undergradcatalog/eng/programs/ele.htm

I would appreciate it if some 1 in here who has a good experience review the program and tell me what do you think about it.

does any 1 here have any experience with Cleveland State university?

best;

Physics news on Phys.org
collegeconfidential or the university's facebook page(s) might yield more responses to your question.

hsetennis said:
collegeconfidential ...

Be careful on that site. Every thread I've seen there is a massive troll-fest. I don't think it's moderated very well, if at all.

Dembadon said:
Be careful on that site. Every thread I've seen there is a massive troll-fest. I don't think it's moderated very well, if at all.

I got the same feelings dude...

Looks pretty typical to me. Almost exactly what I'm in now, except I don't have dedicated lab classes, almost all of my classes have a lab component.

There should be a microcontroller/microprocessor course for the purpose of designing embedded systems. I don't see it on the compulsory courses list. However, it's offered as an elective course in the program. Good one.

1. What are the core courses in an electrical engineering curriculum?

The core courses in an electrical engineering curriculum typically include circuit theory, electronics, digital systems, and electromagnetics. These courses provide a foundation for understanding and analyzing electrical systems and devices.

2. Is programming an essential skill in electrical engineering?

Yes, programming is an essential skill in electrical engineering. Many electrical engineering tasks involve writing and testing software code to control and analyze electrical systems. Proficiency in programming languages such as C++, Python, and MATLAB is highly beneficial for electrical engineers.

3. Are there any specialized areas of study within electrical engineering?

Yes, there are several specialized areas of study within electrical engineering, such as power systems, communications, and control systems. These areas focus on specific applications of electrical engineering and require additional coursework and training.

4. How important is hands-on experience in an electrical engineering curriculum?

Hands-on experience is crucial in an electrical engineering curriculum. It allows students to apply theoretical concepts learned in the classroom to real-life scenarios and develop practical skills. Many universities offer laboratory courses and projects to provide students with hands-on experience.

5. What career opportunities are available for graduates with an electrical engineering degree?

Graduates with an electrical engineering degree have a wide range of career opportunities, including working in industries such as power generation, telecommunications, and electronics. They can also pursue careers in research and development, consulting, and academia.