Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Eligibility for MS Aerospace Engineering.

1. Sep 30, 2011 #1
    Eligibility for MS Aerospace Engineering. plz help !!!

Hi,
    I am currently completing Undergraduate program in Electronics & Communications Engineering (due for completion in July 2012). I want to pursue MS Aerospace Engineering in the US.
    Can anybody please tell if I am eligible for the program ?
    Which are the colleges I can hope to get through as I neither have an Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering background nor big academic achievements ?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2011 #2

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Eligibility for MS Aerospace Engineering. plz help !!!

Your best bet is to contact the colleges directly to find what would be needed. In my junior and senior years, several of my courses had some Masters students who had switched majors taking courses to learn the fundamentals.

4. Sep 30, 2011 #3

Thanks. I have contacted many colleges & most say that an Aerospace/Mechanical background is not an absolute requirement. I am ready to do self-study to brush up on all the Aerospace basics but my question is if a good college will accept me for their graduate program since their first preference would be applicants with aerospace background.

5. Sep 30, 2011 #4

They may accept you on the basis that you must take several of their undergraduate aero/mechanical courses to meet their applicant requirements. It depends on the school.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook