Ending bachelor - Audio Spotlight

In summary, the student is concerned that they may not be able to do enough research on their topic for their final year paper. The student is also worried about doing a paper on a subject they have little knowledge in. The student is advised to talk to their course professors and get different ideas.
skrat
Hi there,

I am trying to finish my bachelor - meaning I have to prepare the document at the and of my studies at first bologna stage - studying Physics.

Well I don't really have any good ideas on what to research - what topics, but I did manage to find out this http://www.holosonics.com/index.html . And it looks really interesting, but the problem is that I really can't find any more literature / articles about that, therefore I am concerned that I may not be able to have enough material to read / study. So my question here is:

a) Do you maybe know of any good articles about the given phenomena?
b) Or do you maybe have a better idea for a topic?

Thanks for any help!

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
and my questions to you would be...

what is your best/preferred area of interest in physics ?
is it really holosonics or was that subject just plucked out of the air ?

you should be at least attempting to do some new research rather than just rehashing other people's papers :)

regards
Dave

I can't answer you that. I really can't. I would love to, but I can't.

But if I really have to, I would say: Aerodynamics, airflow simulations. But generally speaking it is just anything that sounds interesting to me. And by anything I really mean anything. Like the example above (Audio Spotlight) - I accidentally came across it and got totally interested and motivated to do some research because to me it sounds really awesome - but before that, I never showed much interest into sound. Also in the last 14 days one of my professors spent about 10 minutes introducing us geothermal dynamo theory http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamo_theory which also sounds amazing.

I hope this roughly describes how hard it is for me to answer your question. :D

Of course I don't want to only rehash other people's research or articles. For example, one idea was also to make a CFD simulations in OpenFOAM, for example: Simulating airflow around a given object or simulate airflow in a room with heating or similar. But the problem is that working with OpenFoam requires a fair amount of C++ programming and also Linux OS - and I have absolutely no experience with none of them so I am afraid I would never be able to finish it on time.

Did they patent the technology? Then you can read the patents. Of course, you can't entirely trust anything that comes from the company; they may be wildly exaggerating their claims. Do you know if it truly works?

Last edited:
skrat said:
I can't answer you that. I really can't. I would love to, but I can't.
if you cannot, why do you think that we would be able to ? ;)

tis difficult to do a final year paper on a subject you have little knowledge in, and even more difficult for anyone to advise to as such
If I was you, I would be sitting down with my course professors/tutors and talking about different possibilities
They know you, They know what areas you excelled in and where you were weak and could advice accordingly

cheers
dave

1. What is an "Ending bachelor - Audio Spotlight"?

"Ending bachelor - Audio Spotlight" refers to the process of completing a bachelor's degree in the field of audio technology or audio engineering. It involves the final courses, projects, and exams required to graduate with a bachelor's degree in this field.

2. What are the job prospects for those with a degree in audio technology?

The job prospects for those with a degree in audio technology are generally positive. Graduates can find employment in various industries such as music production, film and television, live events, gaming, and more. With the growth of streaming services and the demand for high-quality audio, there is a growing need for professionals with expertise in audio technology.

3. How long does it typically take to complete an "Ending bachelor - Audio Spotlight" program?

The length of an "Ending bachelor - Audio Spotlight" program can vary depending on the university or college offering the degree. However, on average, it takes about 4 years to complete a bachelor's degree in audio technology. Some programs may offer accelerated options or have different course structures that can affect the length of the program.

4. What skills and knowledge are gained during an "Ending bachelor - Audio Spotlight" program?

During an "Ending bachelor - Audio Spotlight" program, students can expect to gain a strong foundation in audio engineering and technology, as well as practical skills in recording, mixing, and mastering audio. They will also learn about acoustics, sound design, music theory, and the use of various software and equipment commonly used in the audio industry.

5. Are there any prerequisites for enrolling in an "Ending bachelor - Audio Spotlight" program?

The prerequisites for enrolling in an "Ending bachelor - Audio Spotlight" program can vary depending on the university or college. However, most programs will require students to have a high school diploma or equivalent, and some may also require a background in music or audio-related courses. It is best to check with the specific program for their specific requirements.