Energy, and the conservation of it.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
SkySixx
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
1. A rollercoaster of mass 1000kg is raised above the ground.
If all the energy is conserved, what is the speed at the bottom of the slope?



2. Relevant equation: Er, I believe 1/2mv^2



3. The Attempt at a Solution : I tried to apply this formula, but I have no idea how to obtain the velocity.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
There isn't enough information to solve this question. However if you look at conservation of energy you must look at what types of energy is found when and where.

Il help you out by telling you intially the rollercoaster only has potential energy, and once the roller coaster is at the bottom of the slope all that potential energy turns into kinetic energy.