1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering with Computer Specialty

1. Jul 25, 2009 #1
    What kind of careers could you have with a B.S. in Engineering with Computer Specialty?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 25, 2009 #2
    Computer Engineer.

4. Jul 29, 2009 #3
    That includes A.I., am I right?

5. Jul 30, 2009 #4

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

That could; it's mostly a combination of what you study, your skill set, and your interests. For AI, that's programming, cognition (and possibly biology / the human brain) and deciding where in AI you want to work (machine learning, assistive technologies, game AIs, dumb AIs, or the human-type sentient AIs).

For these reasons, researchers in AI are more heavily concentrated in Computer Science or even Biology, rather than say, Electrical Engineering (but within my own ECE department, there's at least one prof who works on general AI and cognition research). However, if you're looking to do this in an Academic or Industrial setting, you had better be at least somewhat versed in AI, and have excellent programming abilities.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook